ECM Faculty Focus
The Strategic Review 2009 is fast approaching its final stages. The Co-Chairs are currently bringing together their options and recommendations for each of the review areas, and this will result in a draft consolidated plan or options for the consideration and endorsement of the Faculty.
Staff are asked to continue checking the Strategic Review website for review updates plus details of any future review workshops. Staff are also reminded to continue contributing to the review by making submissions.
Summary of Review Progress
- The Physical, Information, Communications and Computing Infrastructure Co-Chairs, David Sampson and Mark Reynolds, are currently developing a combined issues/options paper. This paper is based upon wide consultation with the Faculty through a series of focus groups and an open workshop, as well as a considerable amount of collected data. The output notes from the recent PICCI focus groups and workshops, plus other data, can be found on the Strategic Review website. When released the PICCI issues/options paper will also become available on the Strategic Review website.
- The Education Co-Chairs, James Trevelyan and Gordon Royle, recently held an industry feedback session with several industry representatives. The Education Co-Chairs are currently completing their draft recommendations for Education and when released the paper will be available on the Strategic Review website.
- The Industry and Community Partnerships, Foundation and Alumni Co-Chairs, Tim Shanahan and Mark Cassidy, are currently developing their options paper and when released the paper will become available on the Strategic Review website.
- The Governance and Management Co-Chairs, Greg Ivey and Nick Spadaccini, recently launched their Issues paper. The paper is available on the Strategic Review website. In conjunction with the recommendations, values, principles and issues identified by the other Strategic Review Co-Chairs, the Governance and Management Co-Chairs will consider further the recommendations for the governance and management of the Faculty.
- The Research Co-Chairs, Cheryl Praeger and Mark Randolph, have released their Options paper. The paper was circulated to the Faculty and is available on the Strategic Review website. Members of the Faculty provided feedback at today's workshop.
- The ECM Summit, the steering committee for the Strategic Review, held their second meeting on 18th June. Information on the ECM Summit, as well as the Agenda from this meeting is available on the Strategic Review website. The Agenda and Minutes from the first ECM Summit meeting (22nd April) are also available on the Strategic Review website. A third ECM Summit meeting is being planned for the 15th July.
- Submissions - Staff are encouraged to continue making submissions to the Review on any aspect and relating to any of the review areas. This can include current issues faced by the Faculty, or options, models, principles or suggestions for the future. It is important that submissions are made as soon as possible to enable them to be properly considered.
- The Review Co-Chairs will be participating in an all-day workshop on 6th July. This workshop will provide an opportunity for the Co-Chairs to regather and combine their review area recommendations and options into a consolidated report.
Questions, concerns or enquiries should be directed to:
Mr Stuart Broadfoot
Manager, Special Projects
(08) 6488 2463
Strategic Review 2009 Website