The Library has recently completed an upgrade to the CMO system. Although part of the upgrade was required for the server hardware and software architecture we were also able implement some significant enhancements that had been requested by students and staff in previous calls for feedback. These include:
- Warning message on shutdown of browser by the editor, prompting you to save the work and unlock the list
- “Save” button that allows editors to save work without logging out or exiting CMO lists
- Addition of “Editor” metadata field to improve accuracy of citations
- Showing a clear alert on citations that are copyright blocked to alert users without them having to click on the link
- Improving the visibility of links by changing the colour, wording and style, eg. “Request a New CMO Item” “Help” and “Logout”
- Improving the layout and and functionality of grouping citations
- Fixing the sorting function on the main editing screen
- Icons link to the citations if clicked
- Link for editors to “Request a new list”
- “Copies required” field added to demand levels for Reserve items
- Several items can be added to a list from the search screen without returning to the list
- Link to UWA handbook on all editor screens
- Pulldown menu for Schools when requesting new CMO items, reducing the amount of typing required and improving metadata accuracy .
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or comments about CMO.