Later this year the Faculty will launch its first edition of a newly redesigned magazine. The publication will illustrate the strength of our current research and achievements across the Faculty and in doing so will keep alumni informed of the goings on in their alma mater, and importantly, will also help to cultivate important relationships with external stakeholders: industry, government, affiliated institutes and centres, the media and community.
By increasing the scope of our audience the magazine will serve to:
- Position UWA as an impact leader in the health and medical space locally, nationally and internationally
- Foster lifelong links and engagement between alumni and the University
- Initiate and sustain philanthropic contributions
- Build on relationships with government and industry partners
- Increase the opportunities for research collaborations by communicating the breadth and depth of research undertaken by the Faculty
- Recruit outstanding postgraduate students, primarily for advanced health courses (professional upskilling) and research
The printed publication will be bi-annual, bringing HMS into alignment with communication outputs from other G08 Health and Medical Faculties and international counterparts who are following a trend of producing printed alumni communication outputs once or twice yearly. To meet the needs of our diverse audience demographic, the publication will have both print and digital channels so our readers can engage with our material across multiple channels.
Each issue of the magazine will have a themed focus on important issues pertinent to the health community. Suggested regular sections of the magazine include:
- In brief – the latest news and research from UWA
- Industry impact
- Across the State (stories from regional WA)
- Going Global (international partnership story)
- Debate: Yes and No (leading academics/professionals pick a side on a contentious health topic)
- Medical Moment (historical Faculty story)
- Enquiring Minds and Bright Ideas (Current researcher/alumni profile)
- HMS in the Media
- Visiting Fellows
- Awards update
- Reunion Information
- Upcoming Events/Conferences
- Student Spotlight
- The Last Word (editorial written by leading researcher/alumni about current medical dilemma/ personal experience in the industry)
To ensure equal representation from across the Faculty and to capture the best content, we are forming an editorial working group.
If you would be interested in submitting or suggesting content for the publication, please contact: [email protected].
Emily Glover (Marketing and Communications): +61 6457 7367