The University is undertaking a free campus-wide furniture, waste and e-waste collection to remove all unwanted, old or damaged items, from Wednesday 25 January to Wednesday 8th February 2017.
We ask that you take the time to check your work and storage areas for items that are no longer used or required, damaged or taking up space unnecessarily (these items are not only unsightly, but also create a safety hazard).
What CAN be disposed of at the waste collection points?
There will be two waste bins located at each collection point, one for furniture and general waste, and the other for e-waste only.
General waste bin
- furniture – all types
- scrap metal
- general waste items (please do not dispose of food products in the bins)
- TVs, computers desktops, monitors, laptops and printers
- office equipment – photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, servers, projectors, DVD players and video recorders
- CDs, DVDs, tapes and cameras
- electronic components
- phones – mobiles and landlines
- appliances – vacuum cleaners, microwaves, stereos, and pedestal fans
What is NOT collected?
No hazardous materials, such as paints, solvents, chemicals and medical waste or equipment.
Can I request Campus Management to help remove large/heavy items?
Campus Management is coordinating the collection, however your work area is required to arrange the transportation and disposal of items to the designated waste collection points.
For items that are too large/heavy to move, a request to have these collected from your area can be submitted to Campus Management via the online service request or call the Client Service team on 6488 2025.
Where are the collection points?
See the attached map for the nearest skip bin locations on campus.