If you usually book travel using an Arranger, you can save time and money by using the new Online Booking Tool (OBT) feature called Concur TRAVEL. This allows you, the Traveller, to search and select live fares as you would when you book directly with an airline online.
You can benefit from the following when booking via the OBT:
- Save money. UWA discounts with contracted airlines are automatically applied depending on the fare class with Qantas, Virgin Australia, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines and Qatar Airways
- The Agency fee for OBT bookings is paid by the University centrally, meaning your Project Grant can go that bit further
- Save time. Domestic bookings through the OBT are auto-approved for Staff
- You can fill in your trip details directly in Concur rather than write an email to a Travel Arranger
- Your (Level 1 and 2) Approvers will save time not having to approve your domestic requests
- Your booking will be made and ticketed faster and with reduced fees
- Once your booking has been ticketed, your itinerary will be available in your Trip Library or TripIt mobile application, if registered
Note: The OBT is only available to Travellers. Arrangers can book on your behalf using Concur Request (for consultant assisted bookings), for more complex bookings where specialist support is needed. This service incurs an agency fee ranging from $20 - $135 (domestic and international) depending on itinerary complexity and is paid via your nominated Project Grant.
To save time and reduce travel expenditure on your Project Grant, consider using Concur Travel to book all domestic and simple international travel. Watch this video to see how easy it is to use.