It gives me great pleasure to inform you of an opportunity for one ongoing/tenured staff member (academic or professional) to undertake an MBA Full Time through the UWA Business School. We encourage you to apply if you are seeking a career in leadership.
A place on this one year program will be offered to a high performing staff member who is seen to have high potential for future leadership roles. The Vice-Chancellor has agreed that the successful applicant’s position will be held open for a year to allow them to take up this opportunity. Their absence will be treated in the same way as a secondment. That is, their substantive role will be unaffected, can be backfilled at the discretion of the work area, and the candidate will be able to return to it at the end of the year. In normal circumstances, the fees for the program will be fully waived and the successful applicant will need to make their own arrangements for living expenses. It may be possible to negotiate a scholarship to partially cover living expenses, in lieu of the fee waiver.
The staff member will be expected to continue to work for the University for at least 2 years following completion of the MBA.
To be considered for admission to the MBA Full Time, the applicant must have:
- a bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- a valid Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 550.
- PERTH GMAT Tests are held at Central Institute of Technology, 30 Aberdeen Street, Northbridge
- ØRound Four MBA Full Time applications close on 5 October (all documents must be received by October 31 to be eligible for the scholarship)
- ØBook your test by visiting https://www.mba.com/global
- a Personal Statement explaining the reasons for wishing to complete the full time MBA ;
- two satisfactory references; and
- a letter of support from your supervisor/head of school.
All applicants who meet the criteria above will be interviewed and assessed as suitable or not suitable based on ‘demonstrated leadership potential’ as determined by the Business School. Every UWA applicant who has met all the criteria and has a suitable interview will be offered a place in the program, however only the highest-ranked UWA applicant will be offered a full fee-waiver or full scholarship. All other UWA candidates will automatically be considered for a range of other scholarships on offer.
Further information and the brochure on Business School’s MBA can be found at the following web link https://www.business.uwa.edu.au/mba/MBA-Full-Time
The application deadline for Round 4 is October 5, 2015.
More information about MBAs can be found on https://bit.ly/1H0qR7i
For any further enquiries, please contact Lucienne Tessens on 6488 1576 or [email protected]
Director, Human Resources