Business School Topics
Media representatives are invited to attend the In the Zone Conference at The University of Western Australia's Winthrop Hall on Monday 26 November and Tuesday 27 November 2012.
In the Zone is an intensive meeting of national and international leaders from the business, government and academic sectors. With the theme ‘The Geography of Global Prosperity', the conference provides an opportunity for discussion and debate about the increasingly complex global neighbourhood and key policy questions facing Australia and the region.
The conference follows the success of the 2009 In the Zone Conference and the 2011 Business Forum and Commonwealth Business Council dinner as part of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting.
In 2012, In the Zone will discuss natural resource development, wealth and poverty of nations, global capital markets, security, cross-cultural leadership, innovation, trade in services, culture and education in the zone, presented by a high calibre of international and Australian speakers:
- Hon Colin Barnett - WA Premier
- Dr Michael Chaney - Chairman NAB, Woodside and Gresham Partners, Chancellor UWA
- Dr David Gruen - Executive Director, Macroeconomic Group, Australian Treasury, Asian Century White Paper Task Force Member
- JT Macfarlane - Executive Chairman and Chief Country Officer Australia and NZ, Deutsche Bank
- Yoshihiro Shigehisa - Chairman of Japan's JGC Group
- Peter Baxter - Director General AusAID
- Dr Matt Barney - VP and Director, Infosys Leadership Institute India
- Dr Ric Smith - Australia's Special Envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan
- John Denton - Asian Century White Paper Task Force Member
- Vinay Venkataraman - Co-founder, Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design
The conference program, a full list of speakers and other information is available through the In the Zone conference website.
Media is requested to contact Sonia Nolan to register attendance for this conference.
Sonia Nolan (In The Zone Media Manager) (+61 4) 01 034 103