ECM Faculty Focus
The Australian Museum invites individuals and groups to enter the Eureka Prizes 2010.
Presented annually by the Australian Museum, the Australian Museum Eureka Prizes reward excellence in the fields of scientific research and innovation, science leadership, school science and science journalism and communication.
The Australian Museum Eureka Prizes are a unique partnership between government organisations, institutions, companies and individuals committed to celebrating the vitality, originality and excellence of Australian science.
You can enter yourself, or nominate someone.
The award categories include:
1) Prizes for research and innovation
- Early Career Research sponsored by Macquarie University Environmental Research sponsored by The Sherman Foundation
- Ethics Research sponsored by Australian Catholic University
- Innovation in Computer Science sponsored by Google Australia
- Innovative Solutions To Climate Change sponsored by the New South Wales Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water
- Medical Research Translation sponsored by Industry & Investment NSW
- Research by an Interdisciplinary Team sponsored by the Australian Research Council
- Research that Contributes to Animal Protection sponsored by Voiceless
- Science in Support of Defence or National Security sponsored by the Defence Science and Technology Organisation
- Scientific Research sponsored by the University of New South Wales
- Water Research and Innovation sponsored by the National Water Commission
- Leadership in Science sponsored bythe CSIRO
3) Science Communication and Journalism
- Advancement of Climate Change Knowledge sponsored by New South Wales Government
- Environmental Journalism sponsored by the Australian Government Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts
- Promoting Understanding of Science sponsored by the Australian Government Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research
- Science Journalism sponsored by the Australian Government Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research
- Science Photography sponsored by the New Scientist
Entries close: midnight AEST Friday, 7 May 2010
For further information, please visit the website.