ECM Faculty Focus
This first international seminar on the Reduction of Risk in the Management of Tailing and Mine Waste will be held on 29 September - 1 October in Perth.
The seminar will tackle the full range of issues that constitute risk in the management of mining wastes, particularly tailings and waste rock.
The themes will include:
- Improvements in design of tailings storage facilities;
- Dam break analysis: appropriate tools and calibrated case studies;
- Appropriate in situ testing techniques;
- The application of geosynthetics in mine waste management;
- Use of mining waste in backfilling of mining voids;
- Mitigating the impacts of geochemical problems;
- New approaches to the management of waste rock;
- Accounting for climate change;
- Sustainable closure;
- Improved management and operational strategies to minimise risk;
1) Submission of abstracts: 1 March 2010
2) Submission of papers: 31 May 2010
3) ACG Tailings Workshop: 28 September 2010
For further information please visit the website.