ECM Faculty Focus
The One Faculty, One Future Project continues to move forward, with implementation of the new professional staff structure and continuing work by each of the working parties and advisory panels on recommendations.
- First proposals from the Formal Governance, Disciplines and Research Themes Working parties were considered by the Faculty Representative Panel on the 30 October, and the feedback is now being considered by the working parties in developing their draft recommendations further. A second draft will be provided to the Faculty Representative Panel at the end of the month, before draft recommendations are circulated to the Faculty for consideration and feedback.
- The Culture, Teamwork and Collegiality Working Party has commenced work on developing recommendations for the Dean and the Faculty on values, principles and initiatives to meet the goal of One Faculty, One Future. The Overview, Process and Terms of Reference, as well as the membership, will be available on the One Faculty, One Future website in the near future.
- The Budgetary Principles Advisory Panel will hold its first meeting next week to begin the process of providing advice to the Dean on principles surrounding resource allocation in the new model.
- The Faculty announced its decision to move forward and implement the new professional staff structure on Monday 2 November 2009, and the process of offering staff transfers into new positions has now begun. As part of this process, the Faculty will be holding a series of implementation information sessions, to provide staff with the opportunity to obtain information and ask questions.
- All interested staff are welcome to attend the weekly information sessions relating to the implementation of the professional staff structure. Further details are available on the One Faculty, One Future website.