ECM Faculty Focus
The Undergraduate Water Prize is open to all final year students whose final year project is on a water related topic.
This award aims to encourage and reward students for excellence in the field of water studies and research, and provides a forum for students to display their academic excellence and research findings to future employees, clients and the water industry.
A panel of three industry experts will select winner based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the project to the water industry;
- Quality of technical content;
- Innovation and originality;
- Paper and presentation.
Abstracts are due in on Friday, 23rd October and full theses for semi-finalists are due by Friday, 6th November. The three finalists will present to family, friends and senior people in the water industry. They will also receive their certificates during the AWA Water Industry Awards Gala Dinner on Friday 27th November at the Sheraton Hotel.
The WA Branch winner will be flown to Brisbane in March 2010 to compete in the National competition which is held during the Ozwater Conference.
Submissions must include the following information:
- A completed nomination form;
- Paper (which adheres to the guidelines provided);
- Biography (Please provide a short biography for each student -minimum 180 words, maximum 250 words);
- Photo (A photo of each student either individually, or as a group - in jpg or similar format);
- Abstract (minimum 250 words, maximum 350 words).
For further information and the entry form, please visit the Australian Water Association website.
Magdalena Matuszczyk / [email protected] / 6488 4277