ECM Faculty Focus
UWA staff members interested in using LMS Assessments as part of their teaching are invited to participate in this workshop. This workshop will enable you to create assessments to achieve your educational goals.
This workshop is designed for those who want to:
- Create common unit related Frequently Asked Questions and Answers to reduce the number of similar questions from students;
- Allow students to test their knowledge of unit materials;
- Conduct an exam and have the results automatically recorded by the LMS;
- Obtain feedback from your students.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the LMS Assessment Life Cycle and identify staff and student tasks;
- Describe the types of assessments available;
- Explain how to use various assessments to achieve different educational objectives;
- Create questions in, as well as import them, into the Question Database;
- Identify strategies to manage question effectively within the Question Database;
- Create an assessment and explain the options for adding questions and editing properties;
- Submit an assessment as a student;
- Mark submitted assessments and provide feedback.
The details of the workshop are as follows:
Date: Thursday 10 September 2009
Time: 9:30am - 11:30am
Venue: Room 1.01, Sanders Building
For further information or to register please visit the website.
Magdalena Matuszczyk / [email protected] / 6488 4277