ECM Faculty Focus
Nominations for the prestigious Sir John Holland Award are now open. We invite you to nominate any Civil Engineers you feel deserve recognition.
The Sir John Holland Award for Civil Engineer of the Year provides a high profile focus on engineering achievement and serves as both a showcase for civil engineering and a focus for young people interested in pursuing a career in engineering.
This prestigious award is presented annually by the Civil College of Engineers Australia. It is awarded to an eminent civil engineer considered to have made a major contribution to the profession in one or more of the following areas:
- leadership in design
- leadership in construction
- length of service to the community
- involvement in major projects
- development of new technology/research development
- leadership of an engineering organisation
- public profile
- service to the engineering profession
- contribution to the use of ecologically sustainable development in engineering
Written nominations including a brief citation and curriculum vitae should be submitted by using the online nomination form.
Nominations should be submitted by 21 August 2009. Presentation of this award will be made in Brisbane on Thursday 22 October 2009.