ECM Faculty Focus
The NHMRC (National Health and Medical Research Council) Program Grants scheme provides support for teams of researchers, to pursue broadly based, multidisciplinary, collaborative research activity relevant to better health.
Program Grant recipients will be expected to achieve the following:
- contribute new knowledge at a leading international level in important areas of health and medical research
- develop novel ideas and approaches
- tackle problems for which longer term stable funding is essential
- develop training and career development opportunities within the team
- facilitate collaborative use of specialised facilities or expertise
- pursue interdisciplinary, collaborative goals which would not be possible by working on the program's individual components in isolation of each other.
Please note it is the responsibility of the first named Chief Investigator to ensure a complete application is submitted to the Research Grants Office by the internal closing date. Once the application has been internally submitted, the Research Grants Office will review to ensure compliance with the funding rules and instructions and if applicable, provide suggestions for amendment. The Chief Investigator will then have the opportunity to refine the application and resubmit.
Contact Debbie Thackray for further information.