Monday, 15 April 2019
Site preparations are underway for our new Indigenous Studies building, located within the southern precinct of the campus.
The Indigenous Studies building will provide an exciting working and learning environment for students and staff; and an inviting entrance for the Crawley campus from Hackett Drive.
This new purpose-built facility will be a key component within the southern precinct of the campus, and will greatly improve the current student experience for the School of Indigenous Studies and the Centre for Aboriginal Medical and Dental Health.
The building completion date is anticipated for mid-2021.
WORKS TO BE UNDERTAKEN
Badge Constructions, has been commissioned to undertake the site works associated with the construction of the building. This includes installing temporary and permanent fencing around the site, and demolition and clearing of Old Pharmacology.
• Construction vehicles will be accessing the site for the demolition of Old Pharmacology from the north through car park 2, via Hackett entry 2, and from the south, via Hackett entry 3.
• During construction, vehicles will access the area directly from Hackett Drive into the north of the site.
Please note, our contractors will have appropriate traffic management in place throughout the project.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• There will be Initial disruption along Underwood Parade during the site establishment and installation of the boundary security fencing. Pedestrian traffic along Underwood Parade will be redirected from 7 June, and reopen with a new gantry on 5 August.
• It is anticipated that this work will have some intermittent noise and general construction noise impact.
• Internal and external access around the site will be subject to change and ongoing updates issued will be issued throughout the project.
• For pedestrian safety there will be no access to the site during this time.
This is an exciting project for UWA, and we value your patience as we work to build an even better campus.
If you have any questions relating to this project, please contact Chris Binks, Project Manager, Campus Management.
- Campus Management