Wednesday, 11 July 2018
Financial and Staff Resources – Ailish Breheny
- Staffing update - Padma Sawant has returned to the team as Team Leader after 6 months of Long Service Leave. Aaron Raspa has commenced Parental Leave and will be returning at the beginning of March next year. We also have 2 new Financial and Staff Resources Officers, Zeenia Irani and Tracey Fullerton.
- Unit PG’s have been set up in preparation for Activity Based Costing. These PG’s should be used going forward to capture all teaching related costs for these units going forward. Unit Coordinators have been provided the details of these PG’s to enable to casual timesheets to be allocated to these unit PG’s.
- The team is currently working on the 2018 Reforecast 2 which is due on Monday 16th July and has commenced work on the 2019 Budget which is due 6th August.
Health and Safety – Brett Tizard
- New WHS laws in WA – The Ministerial Advisory Panel has completed its submission to the Minister and the Chair of the Panel providing a briefing. The briefing outlined the recommendations from the panel, how we can make comments and the pathway to legislation. A local briefing will be carried out in the near future.
- Psychosocial health – Safe Work Australia have just released a report on Work-related Psychological Health and how we can meet our duties. The report provides an outline of the legal obligations of all employers to create a safe working environment. This will require close collaboration between SHW and HR to address the many areas of concerns.
- Review of Safety at UWA – In conjunction with a Review of Technical Services, safety activities within the University will be examined with a goal being a more consistent approach across all Faculties.
IT Services – Stephen McVay
- Currently working with Central AV team to finalise training sessions for Faculty staff in FJ Clark. All the new AV equipment should be installed by week ending 13th July, with training sessions to follow
- Data Migration – HMS IT are working on moving share drive (S: Drive) data from the legacy Meddent storage to Uniwa storage. Emails are going out to all users who have access to data which is being migrated
- Looking to make use of the Recycling skips which will be on QEII late July – if any HMS staff have old IT equipment which needs to be disposed, please get in touch and we’ll come and pickup to get it disposed of formally.
Marketing & Communications – Liz Latham
- I am delighted to announce that Emily Glover has joined the HMS Marketing and Communications team. Emily was most recently responsible for the marketing, events and communications portfolio at the Oceans Institute. Emily is also a UWA graduate with a Master of International Journalism, and brings a wealth of experience in writing, editing and multimedia production to the team. Emily’s first major project at HMS will be to review and develop a replacement for the Faculty publication MeDeFacts.
- The date for UWA Open Day 2019 will be Sunday, 11 August 2019. The market research shows that Term 3 is a key time for our target market and we need a large recruitment event at this time. Open Day will undergo a debrief and review process post-event this year.