UWA Library has been leading a project to consolidate the multiple online public profiles currently available for staff at UWA.
As a result, a new UWA Profiles and Research Repository is available from 20 June to staff across the University.
The Library will migrate all UWA staff profiles into a single comprehensive online profile which can be enhanced with up-to-date information about UWA academic research, teaching, professional expertise and outputs.
The UWA Profiles and Research Repository will increase the visibility of research and teaching activities, and become a single point for staff to record their publications, projects, prizes, units, media coverage, community engagement activities and datasets.
Additional benefits to staff include:
• Managing your academic profile in the Repository helps fulfil your requirements for the Socratic Index, ERA, funding body Open Access mandates and faculty funding and recognition
• Updating your profile, describing your expertise and managing your publications all in one place
• Save time maintaining content (data is automatically pulled from UWA enterprise systems, e.g. it will locate and display grants from InfoEd)
• You can connect your ORCID identifier to your profile for consistent, reliable and accurate measurement of research impact
What staff need to know
• Staff will be invited to review/update their new profiles within the UWA Profiles and Research Repository
• The UWA Contact Directory will still exist and all UWA staff and students will have an entry that lists their name, position and contact details
• UWA Staff Profiles in the Contact Directory will no longer be publicly available but staff may login to review former profile information
• Professional staff who had a UWA Staff Profile in the Contact Directory will automatically have a new profile. Staff who didn’t have one can submit a request for a new profile by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Library will provide support to staff as part of the roll out of the new profiles. This includes:
• One-on-one consultations or group workshops
• An online self-guided program (Polish your Profile) centred on key weekly activities. Staff can subscribe to a mailing list to receive these activities
• Faculty-specific support for staff who want to enhance their profiles
• Support from the Innovation and Industry Engagement team for keywords and industry engagement
For more information about the UWA Profiles and Research Repository, contact your faculty librarian team:
• Arts, Business, Law and Education: email@example.com
• Engineering and Mathematical Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Health and Medical Sciences: email@example.com
• Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
• School of Indigenous Studies: email@example.com
Central Service Delivery areas should email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.