The University's FREE campus-wide furniture, waste and e-waste collection to remove all unwanted, old or damaged items is available from Monday 12 February to Friday 23 February 2018.
We ask that you take the time to check your work and storage areas for items that are no longer used or required, damaged or taking up space unnecessarily (these items are not only unsightly, but also create a safety hazard).
What CAN be disposed of at the waste collection points?
General waste bin
- furniture – all types
- general waste items (please do not dispose of food products in the bins)
- paper and cardboard
- scrap metal
- aluminium and steel cans
- plastic bottles and containers
- TVs, computers desktops, monitors, laptops and printers
- office equipment – photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, servers, projectors, DVD players and video recorders
- CDs, DVDs, tapes and cameras
- electronic components
- phones – mobiles and landlines
- appliances – vacuum cleaners, microwaves, stereos, and pedestal fans
- polystyrene (Our contractors, ISS, will collect polystyrene from locations on request. A polystyrene skip bin is currently available on site.)
- Any form of batteries
For further information on e-waste items, phone 6488 1515.
What is NOT collected?
No hazardous materials, such as paints, solvents, chemicals and medical waste or equipment.
Can I request Campus Management to help remove large/heavy items?
Campus Management is co-ordinating the collection. However, your work area is required to arrange the transportation and disposal of items to the designated waste collection points.
For items that are too large/heavy to move, a request to have these collected from your area can be submitted to Campus Management via the online service request or call the Campus Management Helpdesk on 6488 2025.
Where are the collection points?
See the map for the nearest skip bin locations on campus.