From the beginning of the year until mid-May, Campus Management is undertaking a series of works in the area bordered by Fairway, the Electrical and Electronic Engineering building, Building 224, Indian Ocean Marine Research Centre (IOMRC), and James Oval.
These works are necessary to upgrade the University’s chilled water and other in-ground services infrastructure.
The works will necessitate staged disruptions to carparks and access ways. A summary of impacts is listed below. Please note that dates listed may change due to unforeseen circumstances.
8 January – 5 February
- Fairway Entry 3 temporarily closed
- Temporary entrance to Car Park 15 created next to the IOMRC building
- A section of Car Park 15 (north of Fairway Entry 3) temporarily unavailable
5 February – 10 March
- Fairway Entry 3 re-opened
- Temporary entrance to Car Park 15 (next to the IOMRC building) continues to be operational until 14 February
- Restricted access to a section of Car Park 15 (south of Fairway Entry 3)
- Works occurring around the southern end of the Civil and Mining Engineering building (224)
26 March – 4 May
- Works occurring immediately north of Irwin Street building (274)
9 April – 21 April
- Fairway Entry 2 temporarily closed
- Normal access to Car Park 15 restored
- Temporary access to Car Park 16 and Physics building created for deliveries. Access will be via Car Park 18 between the Child Study Centre (248) and Robert Street building (272).
- Works occurring west of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering building (226)
- Alternative pedestrian access route created to the east of the Mathematics building (223)
23 April – 5 May
- Fairway Entry 2 re-opened and normal access to Car Park 16 restored
- Works occurring around the Electrical and Electronic Engineering building (226)
- Alternative pedestrian access to the east of the Mathematics building (223)
If you have any questions or concerns, contact James Wun, Project Manager on 6488 7541 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call Campus Management Helpdesk on 6488 2025.