Position based at UWA Farm Ridgefield, Pingelly
- Ongoing appointment
- Salary range: Level 9 $109,649 - $116,155 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About your work area
The UWA Institute of Agriculture works with the agricultural and natural resource management sectors to create knowledge, and improve workforce skills, such that those committed to agriculture may advance their individual aspirations, contribute to local and regional prosperity, and exercise responsible stewardship of the environment.
UWA Future Farm 2050 Project, based at UWA Farm Ridgefield, Pingelly, the Wheatbelt region of WA, is a project that aims to imagine the best-practice farm of 2050, and build and manage it now. This project has developed into a major local, national and international exercise that showcases new thinking about food production to audiences around the world, in universities, research agencies, and agricultural and business communities.
As the Farm Manager, you have the day-to-day responsibility of managing daily operations of the UWA Farm Ridgefield. This includes development of strategic plans relating to the management of the farm personnel and resources such as budget planning, preparation and forecasting.
You will also be responsible for coordinating the normal farm business with resourcing for teaching activities, on-farm research projects, and therefore managing interactions with researchers, students and university administration.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Substantial experience in the management of a mixed-enterprise farm with a sound knowledge of agricultural best practice
- Experience in managing staff in a farm environment
- Understanding of animal ethics and safety requirements within a research organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated abilities to represent the project at senior levels, consult at a high-level, and engage with a wide variety of people within academia, local rural communities and internationally
- Ability to manage budgets within financial guidelines, with a working knowledge of Agrimaster.
The Farm Manager will have the ability to work independently, show initiative, and manage a key university resource. They will also be required to live on Ridgefield, in the Farm House, and be involved in working after-hours work and have a current C Class Driver’s Licence and a valid Working with Children certificate.
Closing date: 5.00pm WAST, Monday 22 January 2018.
For information regarding the position, please contact: Professor Graeme Martin, Project Leader, UWA Future Farm 2050 Project at The UWA Institute of Agriculture, phone: +61 408 951 052; email: email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 310221.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.
Advertised: 28 Nov 2017 W. Australia Standard Time Applications close: 22 Jan 2018 5:00 PM W. Australia Standard Time