Open Researcher and Contributor iD (ORCID) is a free, unique identifier for researchers that provides the following benefits:
- Eliminates name ambiguities, ensuring all your research outputs are linked to your name and name variations.
- Allows the Research Repository to find and match your research outputs more efficiently, saving you time.
- Automatically updates your ORCID record when new outputs are added to the Repository.
- Adds an official UWA affiliation to your ORCID record.
All UWA researchers are required to register for an ORCID. The ARC, NHMRC and a number of publishers are requesting researchers submit an ORCID with their grant applications and publication manuscript as well as the ERA 2018 assessment.
The University Library is pleased to announce that the Research Repository provides an easy three step process for researchers to register and store their ORCID.
- Login to the Research Repository
- Add or create an ORCID in your profile record
- Authenticate your ORCID
Your ORCID record (and Socrates) will be automatically updated with your publication records from the repository.
Complete this process before 29 November to go in the draw to win a $50 UniClub voucher.
For further information contact your Faculty library team:
Arts, Business, Law and Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering and Mathematical Sciences: email@example.com
Health and Medical Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Indigenous Studies: email@example.com