The staff appraisal process is a critical part of achieving high performance, service excellence and capability development to enable delivery of the University strategy.
Going forward, staff appraisals will take place over an 8 week period each year to better align to the University’s Integrated Planning Exercise (IPE). This will ensure objectives established in staff appraisals are aligned to the IPE and ultimately to the University’s strategy.
The first annual staff appraisal process for UWA will be 1 March – 30 April 2018.
Training will be offered in the months leading up to the annual staff appraisal process.
Some of the key features of the new staff appraisal process are:
- Appraisals will be aligned to the University’s business planning process – the IPE.
- Appraisals will happen over an 8 week period annually for all staff which will support transparency and reporting.
- To ensure individual objectives and development activities align to the IPE, they will be driven by the appraiser and agreed at the appraisal meeting.
- Those in a leadership role will be able to seek Multi-Level Feedback (MLF) as part of the appraisal process.
- The ability to record key conversations held throughout the year to inform the next annual appraisal period.
- Ability to use alternative appraisers, where managers have 10 or more direct reports.
- Multiple appraisers can be set up where staff report to two managers.
Further information on the new process is available on the staff appraisal website
For any urgent requests for appraisals (for example if required for contract extensions) please contact your HR Manager.