UWA's new Academic Promotions College is a forward-thinking initiative to provide guidance and coaching on the University's promotion framework for academic staff looking to enhance their careers at the University.
Through the College the University aims to:
- ensure University-wide consistency of information relating to academic promotion;
- enhance sharing of best practice, drive continuous improvement and support professional development for our academics;
- enable positive career decisions at the right time;
- ensure equality of opportunity;
- enhance networking and personal brand awareness.
The College will be made up of Promotions Advisers who will support and mentor academics in career options, while also playing an active role in building a robust talent pipeline for future needs.
Each faculty will have three to five advisers drawn from a range of academic levels and experiences and reflecting the disciplines in the faculty.
Discussions with an adviser will not replace those with line managers of heads of school, but will provide information advice on:
- how and when to submit a promotion application;
- interpreting promotions criteria and the requirements of the Promotions Committee in the context of specific disciplines;
- how to organise and present evidence on achievements and attainments in the most effective and appropriate way.
Interested in becoming a Promotions Adviser?
Academic staff with experience or familiarity with UWA or equivalent promotions processes are encouraged to nominate. Successful nominees will be given comprehensive training by the University's Promotions Committee on promotion procedures, criteria and application best practice and will provide advice in addition to their substantive role.
Express your interest by emailing a short (no longer than a page) overview of why you are interested, also specifying which grades of promotion you would like to guide (e.g. Academic Grades B and C), to Eoiemail@example.com. The window for submitting your expression of interest is from 28 September 2017 till 11 October 2017.