UWA staff and students are among the first in the world to experience the next generation of Library resource discovery thanks to a partnership between UWA Library and library technology provider, Ex Libris. Enhancements to the Library’s search tool, OneSearch were launched last week and offer a more modern, mobile friendly experience. As a development partner, the Library was able to directly influence the design and new functionality based on feedback from UWA staff and students and the initial response to the changes from UWA OneSearch users has been positive. These new features include the ability to:
· Easily search and access resources on your mobile phone and/or tablet
· Find online and print journals in the new dedicated Journal Search which replaces the existing A-Z Journals list
· Search by title and keyword within a specific journal
· Bookmark useful resources using the new, intuitive My Favourites feature which replaces the existing E-Shelf
· Use additional search options and functionality to perform a more detailed Advanced Search
The development partnership between the Library and Ex Libris will continue and there are plans to develop and introduce new features, such as:
· An Upgraded Journal Search with predictive text
· Improved page navigation
· Search alerts for Saved Searches
· Citation Trails
The OneSearch Expert Help Guide’s ‘What’s New’ page will keep you updated of the features that will be included in future releases.
For more information about OneSearch, please see our new OneSearch help guide.
Questions can be directed to AskUWA or contact the Library.