In response to your feedback, the University Library is making some changes to OneSearch which will make it easier to find and access both online and print resources for your research and assignments. UWA staff and students have access to one of the largest academic library collections in Western Australia, with over 1 million ebooks which can be read 24/7 online and discovered through OneSearch. OneSearch receives over 3 million searches per year and is used on desktop and mobile devices.
Launching in mid-February 2017, the new and improved OneSearch experience will enable you to:
- Easily search and access resources on your mobile phone and/or tablet
- Find online and print journals in the new dedicated Journal Search which replaces the existing A-Z Journals list.
- Search by title and keyword within a specific journal
- Bookmark useful resources using the new, intuitive My Favourites feature which replaces the existing E-Shelf.
- Use additional search options and functionality to perform a more detailed Advanced Search
Once the new OneSearch experience has launched, you may need to update some of your settings as follows:
- If you have created saved searches within OneSearch, you will need to recreate them in the new interface. There will be an interruption to the delivery of search alerts during the transition period until mid-March.
- If you are an EndNote user and have added the Library’s OpenURL to your EndNote Preferences, you will need to update the OpenURL. More information on how to do this can be found on our EndNote expert help guide.
For more information about the changes to OneSearch, please see our new OneSearch help guide.
University Library +61 8 6488 7425