Online Applications for 2017 Australian Postgraduate Awards, University Postgraduate Awards and Prestigious University scholarships for domestic applicants - CLOSE next Monday 31 October 2016
Applications are now open for postgraduate research scholarships for domestic students, including Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA), University Postgraduate Awards (UPA), prestigious University and externally-funded scholarships and other faculty and discipline-specific scholarships. Please encourage eligible applicants to apply.
Scholarships are tenable for up to two years for Masters by Research and three years for PhD and Research Doctorates. PhD scholarships may be extended to a maximum of three and a half years. Full-Time scholarships are tax-free. APA/UPA scholarships are valued at $26,682pa (in 2017) and are awarded in all disciplines. UWA Safety-Net Top-Up Scholarships may be awarded in conjunction with APA/UPAs, providing an attractive total scholarship package of $29,000pa in 2017.
There is a single online application form to apply for scholarships and Higher Degrees by Research enrolment for 2017.
Scholarship applicants do not also need to complete a separate hardcopy application form for PhD or Masters by Research enrolment, unless they are applying for a Professional Doctorate or combined PhD/ Masters Coursework degree.
iAthena Scholarship System Login and Advice for Applicants: https://iathena.grs.uwa.edu.au/
Scholarships on offer include the following prestigious scholarships awarded to top-ranked applicants in multiple disciplines:
- Hackett Postgraduate Scholarships - $35,000pa with a $5,000 travel allowance
- Jean Rogerson Postgraduate Scholarships - $35,000pa
- Robert & Maude Gledden Postgraduate Scholarships for research in applied science, particularly relating to surveying, engineering, mining or cognate subjects. $30,000pa with a $5,000 research travel allowance. Gledden scholarships are typically awarded to PhD students enrolled in the Faculties of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics and the Faculty of Science. However, relevant applications will be considered from candidates in other Faculties.
- The Dean’s Excellence in Science PhD Scholarships- $40,000pa with a $5,000 travel/conference allowance and a $5000pa research operating/maintenance allowance.
- Forrest Research Foundation Scholarships– the Forrest Scholarships package includes an APA/UPA stipend of $26,288pa; accommodation allowance of $19,716pa (in 2016) and a $13,000 relocation and research travel allowance. Forrest Scholarships are offered across the five WA universities, and a separate online application form is required by the Forrest Foundation.
- Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia (MRIWA) Postgraduate Scholarships – for research of relevance to the minerals industry in WA. $30,000pa. MRIWA scholarships are typically awarded to students enrolled in the Faculties of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics and Science. However, relevant applications will be considered from candidates in other Faculties.
- Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia (MRIWA) Directors’ Postgraduate Scholarships for research in ‘Minerals Data Analytics’; ‘In Situ Leaching’ and ‘Scale Up from Bench to Production’ - $40,000pa.
There are also many other faculty and discipline-specific scholarships available for application via the iAthena online application form. Details of conditions of award for postgraduate research scholarships, application and selection processes, and access to the online application form can be found on the UWA Scholarships website at:
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 31 OCTOBER 2016
For further information please contact:
The Graduate Research School,
Room G13 Hackett Hall
Phone: (08) 6488 4740/3738/1584/