To register for Staff Sports Day please email Jasmine Kemp.
Pull out your active wear because the UWA Staff Sports Day is less than a month away.
Whether you like to sweat it out, prefer a leisurely stroll, enjoy the rush of competition or maybe giant jenga is more your style, UWA Sport’s Deputy General Manager Rodney Glossop says there’s something for everyone on Friday 11 November.
“This year the day’s taken a slightly different shape.
“We’ll kick off the day’s activities with a fun run/walk. The 5k run, 3k walk will culminate at Riley Oval and we want to get as many people involved as possible.
“Everyone who registers will receive a Club Café voucher and a drink bottle, we’ve got spot prizes like Vittoria coffee machines, 12 month gym memberships and Myer vouchers to give away, and dress ups are definitely encouraged,” he says.
If you’re interested in the fun run/walk you can register when you complete the online payment for the day. Your $8 entry fee includes lunch and a race bib if you enter the run/walk. The registration page will be up and running in the next few days.
Rodney says 5-a-side soccer and volleyball will take place in the afternoon and teams can register for these sports through their faculty/department representative.
“It’s not all about competition sports though, there’ll be other activities like bocce, giant chess, and Connect 4 not to mention Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream and Ice Break Iced coffee to enjoy.
“It will be a great day culminating with the very popular and exciting VC Dash and Fly.
“We’re looking forward to bringing staff together, giving away some great prizes and having a bit of fun,” he says.
If these types of sports and activities aren’t your thing no problem. Everyone’s invited to come down to support their colleagues and dress up their area's marquee. UWA Sport are also on the lookout for volunteers so if you’d like to volunteer contact Brad Suriani by Wednesday 2 November.
Keep an eye out for a link to the registration page in next week’s UWA Forward, and start talking to your faculty/department representative to organise your team for soccer and volleyball.
See you on the 11th!
Prizes - half of these will be randomly awarded just for participating.
- 2 x 12 Month Gym Membership
- 2 x 12 Month University Club Memberships
- 3 x Vittoria Coffee Pod Machines
- $1000 worth of Club Café Gift Vouchers
- 1 x $200 Cash Gift from UniBank
- 2 x Club Restaurant Express Lunch Vouchers for Two
- 2 x Club Restaurant High Tea Vouchers for Two
- 2 x Dinner Vouchers for Two to the Clubs December First Friday Jazz Night
- 2 x Yalumba Wine Triple Gift Packs
- 6 x Devils Lair Twin Gift Packs
- 6 x Mad Fish Twin Wine Packs
- 12 x Single Bottles of Dunes & Greens Chardonnay Pinot Noir
- 2 x Mixed Wine Hampers
- 1 x Surf Board
- 1 x Rottnest / Fremantle return Fare for a family of Four (2 Adults, 2 Kids)
- 2 x State Theatre Tickets to “Once in Royal David’s City”
- 2 x WASO tickets
- 4 x Luna Palace Double Passes
- 1 x Black Swan Theatre Double Pass