The Renewal Project is now in the next phase with formal consultation until 7October as we work through finalisation of the new staffing structure.
In light of the proposed changes with Renewal, the staff recruitment freeze will be extended until the end of the year. This will allow the University to ensure that all vacant positions are assessed in conjunction with the proposed changes and wherever possible current staff are given the opportunity to be considered for vacant roles that may arise between now and the end of the year.
The current exemptions to the recruitment freeze will continue:-
- Appointment of a current UWA member of staff;
- Positions that are currently being advertised or where a process in
e-recruitment has already begun (and gained approval prior to 16 March 2016);
- Level E academic appointments;
- Fixed term contracts for externally funded research appointments where the external funding has been substantiated;
- Casual teaching contracts;
- Appointments that relate to matters of external compliance e.g. health & safety, risk.
It is also important that we continue to consider where there are specific areas of need, especially for academic appointments. As a result these positions will be considered on a case by case basis where this need is justified.
These, and any other requests for appointment outside of current exemptions should continue to be forwarded to Anneke Burlinson for my consideration.
Should you require any clarification in relation to the exemptions, please contact Sandra Ventre, Director of Human Resources.
Professor Dawn Freshwater
Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Registrar