R U OK? Day is based around staying connected and having meaningful conversation with friends, family and colleagues about mental health. The R U OK? Day website has some useful guidance on how to prepare for and have conversation with people you may be concerned about.
Some training and resources available through Safety, Health and Wellbeing:
- Employee Assistance Program: Provides free confidential counselling for UWA staff and relatives.
- Bupa Online Mental Health Training: Useful for regional staff or those who aren’t able to attend workshops on Crawley campus.
- Managing Mental Illness in the Workplace: Targeted at UWA managers. Identify signs and functional impacts of mental illness, the responsibilities of the manager and effective strategies to support staff in the workplace.
- Stress Management: Identify sources of stress and develop effective stress management techniques.
- Mental Health First Aid: Learn how to provide initial support to people who are developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis.