As you may have read in today's Vice-Chancellor's Voice, the Reid Library will be reopening its refurbished ground floor on Monday 1 August. The transformation, which commenced at the end of 2015, has been a collaborative project involving the University Library, Campus Management, Business Information & Technology Services, and Development and Alumni Relations.
The delivery of furnishings this week has amplified how this bright and modern setting located centrally on campus, will be a vibrant place for students to come together.
The new key features of the refurbishment include:
- Ten booths and screens, for group collaboration
- The Circle – a large, flexible space for exhibitions, seminars, etc.
- Collaborative study areas
- A Learning Suite for interactive tutorial style teaching
- Sway lounge chairs and ottomans
- A terrace overlooking the Great Court
- A new entrance off Saw Promenade
- A new café due to be opened in September
Check out this video for a sneak preview.