All Windows computers in Central Administration (BITS supported areas) on the old ADMIN domain will be targeted for migration to UniWA this week, as well as Windows computers in the Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Science. The process is largely automated and the migrations will occur in the background without disrupting your work. These migrations will continue until all machines are moved to UniWA. Mac users will also be migrated during this period – in most cases the transition will be unnoticeable.
We ask that over the coming weeks, as the migrations are underway, that you leave your computer turned on at all times, including out of hours.
Please also ensure that any computers in your area that are used itinerantly/occasionally are also connected via a blue network cable to the UWA network and left switched on over this period. If you have questions regarding this please do not hesitate to contact the Service Desk.
Further details can be found on the Notices page of the UniWA Project site, along with additional information on the FAQ page. For staff in Faculties the below outlines when scheduled migrations will commence in your area.
- 05/07/16 - 12/07/16: BITS Supported Areas
- 04/07/16 - 08/07/16: Faculty of Science
- 04/07/16 - 07/07/16: Faculty of Arts
- 18/07/16 - 21/07/16 Business, Law & School of Indigenous Studies
- 18/07/16 - 21/07/16: School of Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology
- 25/07/16 - 08/08/16: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
- 25/07/16 - 03/08/16: Oral Health Centre of Western Australia
- 25/07/16 - 02/08/16: Institute for Respiratory Health (formerly LIWA)
- 08/08/16 - 10/08/16: CELT
Thank you for your patience and cooperation, we will continue to update you as the migrations progress and as always, keep an eye on UWA Forward and Twitter for more news.