Campus Management is undertaking the high voltage (HV) upgrade at McGillivray Oval UWA Sports Park which involves relocating the UWA switchgear outside the existing substation.
The upgrade will facilitate the change of electricity supply from 6.6 KV to 11 KV with improved safety and capacity in the network to cater for the future upgrade of facilities at site, and long-term plans.
Works are anticipated to be completed by December 2016.
Scope of works
- Replace HV cables feeding to the substations
- Replacement of the HV cables includes Venues West, HBF Stadium supply which runs through the centre of the oval
- Replace the cables from the substation along Brockway to the substation along McGillivray Road (entrance to UniPrint and Cabinet Workshop)
Expected impacts during works
- Power interruptions during changeover of power supply to new switchgear (dates will be advised prior to power interruptions)
- Excavation works along the road verge and parts of the oval
- Some machinery noise due to open excavation and coring works
We thank you for your patience while these important upgrades are carried out.
If you have any queries about the work, please contact James Wun, Project Manager Engineering Services, Campus Management on 6488 7541.