As you are aware a recruitment freeze was put in place from 16 March 2016 till 31 May 2016 in order to prioritise employment opportunities for our staff during the Renewal Project.
As the project is still ongoing, the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor, with the endorsement of the Extended Executive Group, has authorised an extension to the recruitment freeze for all external academic and professional staff positions until 31 July 2016.
The following exemptions apply to the recruitment freeze:
- Appointment of a current UWA member of staff;
- Positions that are currently being advertised or where a process in e-recruitment has already begun (and gained approval prior to 16 March 2016);
- Level E academic appointments;
- Fixed term contracts for externally funded research appointments;
- Casual teaching contracts;
- Appointments that relate to matters of external compliance e.g. health & safety, risk.
Should you require any clarification in relation to the exemptions, please contact Sandra Ventre, Director of Human Resources.
Additionally, classifications and reclassifications of existing roles have also been placed on hold during this time, with Additional Responsibilities Allowances to be used as appropriate.
Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Registrar