Throughout the renewal process the University leadership is committed to prioritising employment opportunities for our staff. As such, the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor, with the endorsement of the Extended Executive Group, has authorised a freeze on all external recruitment of academic and professional staff positions.
This decision was communicated to senior leaders prior to taking effect at 2.30pm on 16 March. The freeze will remain in place until the close of business on 31 May 2016.
The following exemptions apply to the recruitment freeze:
- Appointment of a current UWA member of staff;
- Positions that are currently being advertised or where a process in e-recruitment has already begun (and gained approval prior to 16 March 2016);
- Level E academic appointments;
- Fixed term contracts for externally funded research appointments;
- Casual teaching contracts;
- Appointments that relate to matters of external compliance e.g. health & safety, risk.
Should you require any clarification in relation to the exemptions, please contact Sandra Ventre, Director of Human Resources.
Additionally, classifications and reclassifications of existing roles have also been placed on hold during this time, with Additional Responsibilities Allowances to be used as appropriate.
Professor Dawn Freshwater
Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Registrar