This is an opportunity for one ongoing/tenured staff member (academic or professional) to undertake an MBA Full Time Intensive through the UWA Business School. We encourage you to apply if you are seeking a career in leadership.
A place on this one year program will be offered to a high performing staff member who is seen to have high potential for future leadership roles. The Vice-Chancellor has agreed that the successful applicant’s position will be held open for a year to allow them to take up this opportunity. Their absence will be treated in the same way as a secondment. That is, their substantive role will be unaffected, can be backfilled at the discretion of the work area, and the candidate will be able to return to it at the end of the year. In normal circumstances, the fees for the program will be fully waived and the successful applicant will need to make their own arrangements for living expenses. It may be possible to negotiate a scholarship to partially cover living expenses, in lieu of the fee waiver.
The staff member will be expected to continue to work for the University for at least 2 years following completion of the MBA.
To be considered for admission to the MBA Full Time Intensive, the applicant must have:
- a bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- a valid Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 550.
- PERTH GMAT Tests are held at Central Institute of Technology, 30 Aberdeen Street, Northbridge
- Book your test
- a Personal Statement explaining the reasons for wishing to complete the full time MBA;
- two satisfactory references; and
- a letter of support from your supervisor/head of school.
More information about MBAs is available from the Business School.
For any further enquiries, please contact Lucienne Tessens on 6488 1576 or Lucienne.Tessens@uwa.edu.au