Some of the world’s leading energy economics experts will attend an international conference to address Asia’s future energy needs at The University of Western Australia in February next year.
UWA Business School will host the 5th International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE) Asian Conference from February 14 to 17, 2016, bringing together policy makers, energy professionals and academics.
The conference will examine topics including Asian energy market developments to 2040; policies around environmental effects of energy production; renewable energy technologies; financing energy production and infrastructure investments; the future of nuclear power and new energy technologies; and political dimensions of Asian energy demand.
Conference presenters include:
• The Honourable Dr Mike Nahan MLA, State Government Treasurer; Minister for Energy; Citizenship and Multicultural Interests
• Paul Appleby, Head of Energy Economics, BP Group Economics Team UK
• Dr Fereidun Fesharaki, Chairman, FG Energy
• Dr Hans-Joachim Ziesing, Member of the “Energy of the Future” panel advising German Government
• Ken Koyama, Chief Economist & Managing Director, Institute of Energy Economics, Japan
• Professor Ying Fan, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Brad Leach, Principal, Energy Advisory Services
Early bird registrations close on Friday 11 December 2015 and general registrations close on Friday 29 January 2016. Register now at www.business.uwa.edu.au/iaee-2016