AMEB is proud to announce the launch of Series 17 - a full suite of grade books and recording & handbooks (Preliminary to Grade 8) available as an additional resource for users of the current Piano syllabus. Series 17 includes exciting and challenging repertoire in a range of styles, representing a wealth of new options for candidates and their teachers.
This is not a new syllabus. The works featured in Piano Series 17 will be added to the Piano syllabus in the 2015 Manual of syllabuses and 2015 downloadable digital syllabuses. Beyond this, there will be no alteration to the Manual Lists in the current syllabus and no grade book series will be withdrawn as a result of Series 17 being added. This means Series 15 and Series 16 books can still be used. There will be no alteration to the technical work in the current syllabus, which is set out in the Piano Technical Work book (2008).
Beginning in 2013, Emeritus Professor David Lockett began compiling a collection of repertoire that would lead a new generation of students into the joys of musical engagement. He started with 1000s of pieces, then whittled it down to a shortlist of 350 pieces, eventually selecting 128 pieces to be featured across 9 volumes including 25 works by 17 Australian composers.
- Grade Books feature repertoire options in a wide variety of styles, from German Baroque to Australian contemporary.
- 25 works by 17 Australian composers.
- Recordings & Handbooks feature professional recordings by two of Australia's top concert artists: Caroline Almonte and Peter de Jager - with background information and analyses of each work in the corresponding Grade Book.
- The new releases support the current Piano syllabus - technical work, manual lists and syllabus requirements remain the same!
Series 17 Publications
- Grade Books - Preliminary to Grade 8
- Recording & Handbooks - Preliminary to Grade 8
- Student Packs (NEW) - Grade Book + Recording & Handbook + bonus Practice Diary - save $$
- Teacher Packs -Grade Books, Recording & Handbooks + bonus Practice Diary for Level 1 and for Level 2 - save $$
Buying Series 17
Series 17 publications and packs will be available from November 10, 2014 from:
- AMEB's Online Shop
- AMEB Preferred Retailers
The new 2015 Piano Syllabus will be published in the 2015 Manual of Syllabuses (available November 10, 2014) and will also be available as a digital download from our website.
Lindsay Roberts (Australian Music Examinations Board) (+61 8) 6488 3059