Information Services and Faculty IT teams are very proud to have delivered improved student access to IT facilities across campus in time for the start of Semester 1 2012. Student Mobility was a key objective of the Business Investment Programme. The new IT facilities will provide a much improved service for existing students, and better meet the needs of New Courses students, who will be much more mobile across Faculties.
All UWA computers allocated for student use in general purpose Faculty computer labs and libraries - some 2500 PC's - have been connected to a new University-wide network. This provides all students with consistent and easy access to IT facilities in all locations. No longer is access to student PCs and printers determined by individual unit or Faculty enrolment.
Key features of the Student Mobility IT facilities:
- Students are now able to utilise PC's in any general purpose computer lab or library across campus to access their data storage and printing services, using one single UniWA login.
- Student PC's and printers in the Reid Arts and Business Library are accessible from 7:30am Monday to midnight Friday inclusive, and from 10am until midnight on Saturday and Sunday.
- Each student is allocated 2GB of secure, backed-up data storage in the UWA Institutional Data Centre, accessible as the H: drive on any of the above PC's.
- Student printouts are held in a secure queue for up to 12 hours and can be released to print from any of the 110 new printers across campus using their student Campus Card.
- Consistent printing costs and consistent Campus Card method of payment from all printers - at a cost below previous Faculty and Library print charges.
- Campus Card funds for printing can be replenished by cash or EFTPOS from within any library, or by secure online funds transfer from anywhere using the Campus Card website.
- Printers are monitored online for paper and toner levels and any service issues. On-site service is provided by Datacom, our new Printer Management service partner, to top-up consumables and service printers as required.
- Coming very soon - access to storage and printers from student's own laptops.
Ms Alison Trpevski (Associate Director, Client Services) (+61 8) 6488 2119
Michael Sinclair-Jones (UWA Public Affairs) (+61 8) 6488 3229 / (+61 4) 00 700 783