ECM Faculty Focus
The Faculty strongly supports the PDR process and as such, your supervisor or assigned reviewer will be contacting you in the near future (if they have not done so already), to setup a PDR appointment.
A key priority of the University's Strategic Plan is "to recruit, develop and retain the highest quality staff" and the University's Professional Development Review (PDR) process is an important aspect in achieving this.
Purpose of PDR
Through reflection, feedback and discussion, the Professional Development Review (PDR) supports the career development of staff and aims to:
- Review the past year's performance;
- Recognise your achievements;
- Clarify any changes to your role;
- Plan for the coming year and identify goals;
- Equip you to meet the immediate and future challenges in your position;
- Assist you to achieve your goals and those of the School, Faculty and the University; and
- Provide guidance on career development.
Preparing your PDR
In preparing for your PDR, you are encouraged to access the following resources:
- FECM Academic Performance Expectations and Targets (Academic staff only);
- UWA Guidelines for PDR/CPDR;
- UWA Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct;
- UWA Expectation of All Staff.
The Academic Performance, Expectations and Targets were developed in consultation with staff in the Faculty last year. For academic staff, when identifying your goals please ensure that you consider the benchmarks contained within the Teaching and Learning; Research; and Service areas.
The following items will also form part of your PDR discussions:
- Future goals and objectives;
- Staff Development Plan;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Position Descriptor;
- Academic Portfolio (Academic staff only); and
- Leave plans for 2010.
Donna Kirkham, Human Resource Consultant (ECM) is available to any staff member needing assistance regarding the PDR process. Please contact her on 6488 7831 or via email email@example.com. Donna's office is located on Level 2 of the Electrical Engineering Building.