ECM Faculty Focus
UWA Internal Guidelines with information, handy hints on completing applications, a budget costing template, guidelines on using the ARC's RMS application system and links to relevant ARC documentation are available on the UWA website.
Internal UWA closing date: Friday 12th February
Applications received by the internal closing date will be checked by the Research Grants Office and Research Development Officers and applicants will have the opportunity to then address any issues in their application prior to final submission.
What you need to do by the UWA closing date:
- Create a PDF of the application but do NOT click on "submit proposal to research office" in RMS.
- Bring or mail to the Research Grants Office (RGO) c/o Christine Casey, one hard copy of the PDF and your completed "Gold" form (application cover sheet).
- If you have not clicked on "submit.." you will be able to continue to work on your application and to respond to the feedback you receive from the RGO. Once you are satisfied you have finished your application, create a new PDF and click on "submit". Don't worry if you forget to create a new PDF as the ARC will produce their own after all applications have been submitted by UWA to the ARC.
- If you did click on submit earlier and want to make more changes, contact Christine Casey (x1776) or Debbie Thackray (x4765) to request the application be un-submitted.
- Make sure you have made your final submission (by clicking on "submit proposal to research office") by the date requested by the RGO in its feedback and you have provided a final hard copy to the office for its records. Receipt of this will also indicate that the application is ready to be submitted to the ARC on RMS, after the RGO has arranged signatures.
Please note that the Research Grants Office cannot guarantee that applications received after the internal deadline will be submitted to the ARC by 3 March.
Further help, examples of successful applications and feedback on draft applications is available from FECM Research Development Officer Dr Debbie Thackray : E: firstname.lastname@example.org ; T: 6488 4765