ECM Faculty Focus
The working parties of the One Faculty, One Future project are well into operation, with the second draft proposals recently presented to the Faculty Representative Panel. In addition, progress continues to be made with the professional staff structure, with all ongoing staff now transferred into new positions and advertising underway for vacancies.
Update on Progress
- The Faculty Representative Panel met for the second time on Friday 27 November 2009 to consider the second round of draft proposals from the Formal Governance, Disciplines and Research Themes working parties and provide initial feedback on behalf of the Faculty. The working parties will now take the feedback back to their members and make appropriate revisions to their proposals before they are released to the Faculty in December for comment and feedback. Further information is available on the working party process in this newsletter.
- The Budgetary Principles Advisory Panel is now well into considering principles to underpin resource allocation in the Faculty into the future, with a briefing already from the Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences and an upcoming briefing from the UWA Business School.
- The Culture, Teamwork and Collegiality Working Party will meet again on the 9 December 2009 to continue their work in providing recommendations to the Dean on achieving the idea of One Faculty, One Future. The membership and terms of reference for this working party are also now available on the One Faculty, One Future website;
- The implementation of the professional staff structure in the Faculty is continuing, with all ongoing professional staff now informed of the new position they are being transferred into. In addition, advertising has commenced for a number of vacant positions in the new structure, with many of them quarantined to staff in the Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics. Planning on the further implementation will now commence within the functional teams to ensure that service is maintained during the transition period. Staff who wish to receive an update on the implementation process, or ask questions regarding the implementation, are encouraged to attend the weekly professional staff implementation information sessions.
- The proposals from the Formal Governance, Research Themes and Disciplines working parties are due to be circulated to the Faculty for consideration and feedback in mid-December 2009, with the opportunity for feedback until at least mid-February 2010. Further information on the process is available in this newsletter.1
- The next professional staff implementation information sessions are being held on Thursday 3 December from 2.30pm to 3.30pm and Tuesday 8 December from 11:30am - 12:30pm, both in the Billings Room, Third Floor, Electrical Engineering Buildings.
- Details of staff placements in the new professional staff structure will hopefully be released to the Faculty this week, to enable particularly professional staff to see their colleagues within their new teams. Please check the One Faculty, One Future website later in the week for details.