ECM Faculty Focus
This workshop is designed for UWA research-active staff, postgraduate students, school managers or research associates who are affiliated with UWA research projects or groups.
Research projects require some particular approaches to managing people.
During the workshop the participants will focus on:
- the ongoing management of the research team and allied contributors;
- particular management issues that may arise;
- management within the distinctive research context of constrained periods of employment and tight timelines.
If you have responsibility for managing students, research teams, a research centre or a program of research, this is most important. It will make a real difference to how your group operates.
Upon successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- identify the characteristics of a culture in which research teams identify and achieve appropriate goals;
- understand the relevance of different leadership styles in a research context;
- introduce key characteristics of effective communication and negotiation skills and teams;
- understand your responsibilities in creating a safe equitable workplace for the team;
- provide tools and skills for researchers to plan and monitor activities to meet the requirements of the research plan.
The details of the workshop are as follows:
Date: Monday, 26 October 2009
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Venue: Love House, 28 Broadway, Seminar Room 1
Closing date: Thursday, 1 October 2009
For further information or to enroll please visit the website.
Magdalena Matuszczyk / firstname.lastname@example.org / 6488 4277