ECM Faculty Focus
All UWA researchers are invited to the Planning and Transport Research Centre (PATREC) research seminar, which will explore opportunities for UWA in the development of research programs undertaken by PATREC, and give an overview of UWA involvement.
The Planning and Transport Research Centre (PATREC) is a collaboration of the four public universities of Western Australia: Curtin University of Technology, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and The University of Western Australia.
PATREC also receives financial support from the Government of Western Australia through the Department for Planning and Infrastructure and Main Roads WA.
There are several areas where UWA could substantially increase the research output and capability under the PATREC banner.
Research within PATREC includes a wide range of topics such as:
- Urban land use/transport interaction;
- Urban structure and crime;
- Environment and transport;
- Transport logistics - transport energy, transport safety and security, freight and logistics, transport economics;
- Mineral commodity logistics;
- Network optimisation;
- Infrastructure - planning, access to;
- Community engagement and sustainability;
- Civil Engineering;
- Asset Management;
- Community health and environmental issues;
- Community social dynamics;
- Marine related fatalities;
- Business Intelligence;
- Pavement Centre;
- Urban and regional planning.
The details of the seminar are as follows:
Date: Monday 7 September
Time: 1.00pm - 3.30pm
Venue: Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery (next to Sunken Gardens)
RSVP: Please RSVP to Kym Peck (Kymette.firstname.lastname@example.org, 6488 7183) by Friday 4 September
For further information about the seminar please contact Kymette Peck (email@example.com or 6488 7183).
Magdalena Matuszczyk / firstname.lastname@example.org / 6488 4277