ECM Faculty Focus
All UWA research-active staff, postgraduates, school managers or research associates who are affiliated with UWA research projects or groups are invited to participate in the Research Leaders Program Workshop.
As an effective researcher, you will need to exercise financial control over your projects. To do this you will need to be financially literate and have a clear understanding of the financial processes associated with research projects.
Specifically, you will need to understand how to accurately cost research bids as part of the grant application process, how to prepare and monitor budgets, how to assess and manage risk and how to prepare financial reports.
You also need to understand the importance of financial control and the audit requirements associated with research projects. This is particularly useful for research leaders and team leaders.
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Understand, read and interpret financial information and reports in respect of research projects;
- Fully and accurately cost research proposals and understand how costs can be controlled;
- Prepare and monitor project budgets;
- Proactively analyse and manage the risks and resources associated with research projects;
- Prepare required financial reports and understand audit requirements.
The details of the workshop are as follows:
Date: Monday 14 September 2009
Time: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Venue: Love House, 28 Broadway, Seminar Room 1
Facilitator: Shelda Debowski, Organisational and Staff Development Services
For further information or to enrol please visit the website.