ECM Faculty Focus
The Strategic Review is now drawing to a close, and the deadline for staff feedback has now been reached.
Staff are encouraged to continue checking the Strategic Review website for information and updates, as well as a recent update from the Dean of the Faculty, Professor David Smith. In his message to all Faculty staff the Dean provides details regarding the next phase of the review and the feedback received to date.
Summary of Developments
- Feedback on the Strategic Review paper has now closed. During the past month, staff have had the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback in a variety of forums, from submissions to feedback sessions and in school meetings. Many staff took the opportunity to provide this feedback, and this is now being considered
- The ECM Summit Steering Committee held their fourth and final meeting on Wednesday 27th August. The Agenda and Minutes for this meeting will become available on the ECM website, where you will also find Agendas and Minutes from previous ECM Summit meetings.
- During the course of the ECM Summit meeting, they provided an endorsement in principal of the framework and principles contained in the Strategic Review Paper that it was coherent and viable, and was consistent with achieving the goal of the Faculty being in the top 50 faculties of its kind in the world.
- A final version of the Strategic Review paper, as well as a set of Consolidated Strategic Review Papers, is currently being prepared, and will be circulated to the Faculty in due course. These will be available on the Strategic Review website.
- The Full Faculty meeting is being held on Tuesday 8th September 2009. This meeting will provide further details on the next phase following the Strategic Review. An agenda, including details of the next stages, will be circulated to the Faculty prior to the meeting.
Questions, concerns or enquiries should be directed to:
Mr Stuart Broadfoot
Manager, Special Projects
(08) 6488 2463
Strategic Review 2009 Website