ECM Faculty Focus
Next Wednesday, 29 July, Professors Doug McEachern and Peter Leedman will be hosting a visit to UWA by two EMBL-EBI (European Molecular Biology Laboratory - European Bioinformatics Institute) specialists - Maria Martin and Rodrigo Lopez.
Each of these scientists is an EMBL Senior Scientist, and this provides a great opportunity to discover more about Bioinformatics at EMBL-EBI, including:
- Public data resources at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI);
- The European Nucleotide Archive (ENA);
- UniProt: resources contents and user services;
- Bioinformatics services infrastructure and frameworks;
- Ware-house approaches (i.e. SRS and meta-data-based solutions );
- How to get data. ASPERA, PTP, gridFTP, hardware mirrors, read-only database replication;
- ELIXIR-services (model for mirroring/hosting life-sciences).
The details of the seminar are as follows:
Speakers: Dr Maria Martin, Head Coordinator UniProt, EMBL-EBI; Mr Rodrigo Lopez, Head of External Services, EMBL-EBI
Date: 29 July 2009
Time: 15.30 - 17.30
Venue: WAIMR Seminar Room, Ground Floor, B Block, QEII Medical Centre, Nedlands