ECM Faculty Focus
Have you ever wanted to:
- Communicate important study related events to your students?
- Provide a unit outline and learning materials in a central location?
- Manage access and release results to individual students?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions then you will find using UWA's LMS as part of your teaching very useful.
Under the guidance of Yvonne Button, Senior Trainer/Educational Developer, this workshop will enable you to develop a 2009 LMS unit and maintain it during a teaching period.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Request an LMS Staff or Guest account
- Request an LMS unit
- Request the addition of staff and students to an existing LMS unit
- Log in and navigate the LMS
- Differentiate LMS roles and tabs
- Customise the appearance of the unit and homepage
- Add and customise common LMS tools
- Develop and maintain a unit announcement board
- Create a link to your unit Lectopia recordings
- Differentiate between various unit structures
- Upload and display files in the LMS
- Release student grades and view them as a student
- Explain the advantages of archiving your LMS unit
The details of the workshop are as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 14 July and Thursday, 16 July 2009, 9.30 - 11.30am
Venue: Room 1.01, Sanders Building