ECM Faculty Focus
The mid-year orientation week starts on Monday, 13 July. The Faculty will welcome new undergraduate, postgraduate, Study Abroad, Exchange, domestic and international students.
It is expected approximately 250-300 new students will commence in semester two, 2009. The following activities for all mid-year commencing students will be run during the orientation week:
- Orientation week will start off on Monday 13th July with International/Study Abroad Welcome.
- On Tuesday 14th July there will be two pre-enrolment sessions held at the same time 2.00-4.00pm.
- The undergraduate pre-enrolment session will take place in Weatherburn LT and will be run by Dr. Kamy Cheng and Dr. Jenny Hopwood.
- The postgraduate pre-enrolment session will be held in Maths Lecture Room 1 and run by Ms. Lisa Beckley. The main emphasis of these sessions will be to give advice, communicate important course information to commencing students and reduce the number of enquiries on the enrolment day.
- Wednesday 15th July is the Enrolment day for all students.
- Finally, the Faculty Kickoff on Thursday 16th July. It will start at 8.30am with UniMentor LinkUp followed by other university-wide activities.
The University Welcome will be held in Octagon Theatre at 12.30 and finally faculties across the entire University will hold their "Welcomes" between 1.30-3.30pm. ECM Faculty Welcome will take place in the Weatherburn Lecture Theatre.
The agenda includes: formal speeches, an interactive session with Dr. Lucy Reilly from LLRS as well as diversity workshop by Mr. Malcolm Fialho from Equity and Diversity Office. The session will conclude with an afternoon tea served outside the Weatherburn Theatre.
For further information about the orientation week please contact Ms. Benita Hube.