ECM Faculty Focus
The University's "Working Life Survey" is now open online and everyone is invited to participate.
The Working Life Survey is conducted triennially and provides a valuable insight into your experience as employees of the University. The survey:
- Provides data on which to judge the success of new strategies;
- Helps determine what needs improvement; and
- Helps identify issues for future policy development
The University has contracted ‘Voice Project' which operates from Macquarie University, to conduct the survey. Voice have conducted their survey at 23 Australian universities over the last three years, which means the University can compare our results to a national benchmark, in addition to a selection of Go8 universities.
When the last survey was conducted in 2006 there was a healthy 43% participation rate, but this year we want to increase participation to between 50% and 60%. The more staff members complete the survey, the more valid and useful the results will be.
To make it easier to complete, the survey:
- will be open over the non-lecturing semester break and also into the first week of the second semester, to allow for everyone's varying availability;
- will be primarily delivered online (with hard copies distributed to those without computer access); and
- is shorter than in previous years and should take only 25 minutes to complete
All staff members are enouraged to participate in this survey to assist with achieving the strategic directions of the University and enhancing the experience as employees. It gives a chance to voice staff opinions about how the University is being managed, and contribute to organisational improvement.
To access the survey go to website.
The survey must be completed by Friday 24th July.
If you require further information, please contact Rod Dewsbury, Manager, HR Policy and Planning, on 6488 1729 or Roderick.email@example.com