ECM Faculty Focus
All staff of the Faculty are reminded that submissions to the Review are now open. This is an opportunity for all staff to put their issues, ideas and creativity in for consideration.
There are no pre-determined outcomes from the review - your inputs into the Review are essential to assist the Co-Chairs in producing the best possible future for the Faculty and the best possible way to achieve this outcome.
For the Co-Chairs to have the best opportunity to consider your submissions, please submit them as soon as possible. They do not have to be long or detailed, but this is your opportunity to contribute.
The following steps are a guide to providing submissions to the Strategic Review 2009 :
1) Format of Submissions
- Submissions are encouraged to one or more review areas, however, to assist in disseminating information, submissions should be clearly labelled as to which review area they apply, and with separate paragraphs for each review area.
- Submissions should have a cover sheet containing your name and the date of the submission (Please note, in the case of confidential submissions, this will be removed before it is made available on the website)
- Submissions should be made within the terms of reference for the review areas, but can address any aspect of the review (Terms of Reference are available at the website);
2) Confidentiality and Privacy of Submissions
Submissions to the Strategic Review 2009 can be made at three levels of confidentiality and privacy. The submission should clearly state the level of confidentiality you require. All submissions will be collected and distributed by the Special Projects Manager.
- Level 1 - Open Submissions
- Submission distributed to the Co-Chairs with your name attributed to the submission;
- Submission placed on the Strategic Review 2009 website with your name attributed to the submission (i.e. public submission);
- Level 2 - Confidential Submission
- Distributed to the Co-Chairs of the Strategic Review, with your name attributed to the submission;
- Submission placed on the Strategic Review 2009 website, with all identifying marks removed (i.e. publicly available but anonymous)
- Level 3 - In Confidence Submission
- Your submission will be seen and read only by the Co-Chairs of the Review and the Special Project Manager.
- The submission will not be placed on the website, and will not be available to any parties outside of those listed.
- In the interests of fostering open discussion, you are asked to use "In Confidence" submissions only where absolutely necessary.
3) Making Submissions
Submissions can be made in two ways:
- Via Email to - Subject line "Strategic Review Submission - [Level of Confidentiality] (e.g. Strategic Review Submission - Confidential/In Confidence/Open). Submissions should be in PDF (.pdf), RTF (.rtf) or Word Doc (.doc; .docx) format.
- By internal mail - sent to "DIRECT - Manager, Special Projects", MBDP: M017, Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics (Please note that mail addressed directly to the Manager, Special Projects will not be opened by any other staff member.)
Questions, concerns or enquiries should be directed to:
Mr Stuart Broadfoot
Manager, Special Projects
(08) 6488 2463
Strategic Review 2009 Website